Tuesday, December 18, 2007

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Hey all, well this may or may not be my last post in India. I might get on in Delhi. Tommorow is my birthday which I suppose is exciting but not because I am leaving Bodh Gaya. I don't know how I feel. I am happy I will see my family but not that I have to leave India to do it. I don't know what it's going to be like to be home. I'm a little scared frankly. Not only that but I am really going to miss the people I have lived with here. I am going to miss them like crazy. I have to say goodbye to most of them tommorow which is going to be very hard. Very very hard. I'm going to try my best not to cry. This week has gone by so fast! By the way we had a meeting with the Karmopa the other day which was cool. Plus now I have blessed pills to aid in meditation. Yep, I'm going to miss things like that. I am going to miss seeing monks and making friends with them. I'm going to miss being surrounded by Buddhist temples. I am going to miss being woken up by Burmese pilgrims hawking up phelgm to spit every morning. I am going to miss a lot of things but it will be nice to be home. I think that will be my mantra for the next few days, "it will be nice to be home." I won't cry tommorow hopefully. Damn I'm turning twenty but that seems to be mute in response to all the other changes going on tommorow. Well I hope this finds you all safe and sound and possibly I'll be writing from a computer near you at my next entry. Well I'm missing a party so I'm going to sign off. Love ya!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Dear Robyn,
I have dearly loved your blog; I found it at the very beginning of September, searching for info about Bodh Gaya on-line. Thanks so much for writing it. You are a great writer.
Much happiness to you,
Maggie Greenwood (Claire's mom)