Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Dhammaraja and I

First really big event I've attended of the King's Birthday was tonight which was a lot of fun. There were all these stands set up along the main street and you got this little booklet and you went from stand to stand and they stamped your booklet and gave you a picture of the king. I got nine pictures total! How cool is that? I know it's really cool. Anyway I got all nine and I bought a CD of the King's favorite Jazz music preformed by Thai people and I actually go it signed by one of the artists. I'm going to go searching for a schedule to figure out what exactly is going on these next couple of days. Friends of mine are coming back in to Bangkok tommorow for the celebrations and it is all and all going to a blast. I mean last night was so much fun! It was great running from place to place with these Thai people to get pictures of him. I can't really explain what was so fun about it but the energy. It's going to be a great couple of days, I can tell you that. I went for a little bit of Christmas shopping yesterday. I didnt come back with too much but it was a lot of fun. I'm waiting to hear back from my mom on a couple of things and then I'm going to hopefully finish up shopping. It should be really amazing. I love Bangkok shopping malls. Anyway things are superb here, really. I did hurt my elbow really bad falling of a moving bus but it is healing, I think and it's not too serious. Tonight I think I'm going to go out with a friend to a Mexican Resturant in town that I hear is good. It will be a adventure either way. It's always a adventure in Bangkok.

No comments: