Thursday, December 6, 2007

Chillin' in Samsara

Well the King's Birthday was yesterday and it was fun and crazy. I got up around 9am to work on my paper and to figure out what was going on. I found out the king is giving a talk at the Grand Palace at 10:30 and rushed over to see him. Well obviously you can't just walk in and see the king but I found out you could see his car as he was leaving so I staked out a place. To bad it was in the wrong place so I didn't get to see him. Oh well it just means I have to go back to Thailand some time in the near future to finally see him. Or I have a few more days in Bangkok and crazy stuff happens to me here all the time. Like during my time waiting to see the king a woman sat down next to me. She spoke English and talked to me and we had a conversation. She was so happy I was interested in Buddhism, not paticularly surprising most Thais are. Then though as we were walking to get a better seat to see the King she told me today was also her daughter's birthday who was the same age and that I must have been her daughter in a past life and thus I have come to her when she needed me. Crazy huh? Well anyway the fireworks were great and it was a splendid day. Yesterday I finished seeing everything I wanted to see in Bangkok like the National Gallery and I saw the Buddha movie which was really disappointing and there were no nuns in the entire movie. WTF! They didn't show the beginning of the order even though Maha Pajapati was displayed throughout. I couldn't beleive it, I really couldn't. Anyway I'm running out of time. I'll be off to the beach so next time I post I will proably be back in India!

No comments: